Monarchs, Monks, and Mountains
Explore the mountains of Central Mexico while horseback riding through deep-rooted oak and pine forests that surround a picturesque lake and the quaint "magical village" of Valle de Bravo. Witness how millions of Monarch Butterflies travel thousands of miles to winter here each year, brightening the landscape with black and orange. We will also visit Michoacán, where in the 1530´s Vasco de Quiroga, a Spanish Friar, left a legacy of service and development for the Purépecha indigenous communities, which still thrives today. We´ll embark on a steamy trek up the Paricutin, the youngest volcano in the world, and then visit the town of San Juan Parangaricutiro, which was engulfed by lava in 1943. Walk around the magnificent colonial towns of Pátzcuaro and Morelia; seduce your palate with this region´s unique gastronomy and dance away to the Pirekua tune. This trip is a feast of colors, culture and adventure.
- Horseback riding through the oak and pine forest of Valle de Bravo in Central Mexico.
- Visit to the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary
- Stay in a typical Mexican Hacienda with Pepe and Lucia, our hosts and equestrian experts.
- Summit the Paricutin Volcano and visit the remains of Parangaricutiro a colonial village covered by lava.
- Witness the most beautiful expressions of colonial and religious art and architecture in Pátzcuaro and Morelia.
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 9 lunches, 9 dinners
- Full Accommodation (twin shared): 9 hotel
- Proper Equipment
- All activities on itinerary
- Internal Land Transportation
- Airport Transfers
Pricing Per Person
3$ 3,100 USD
4 to 6$ 2,900 USD
7 to 9$ 2,770 USD
More than 9$ 2,770 USD