Culture and Nature in Central Mexico
As one of Mexico's most precious jewels, Oaxaca has everything for the adventure traveler who is eager to plunge into a strong historic and cultural experience. We visit the mystical sites of Monte Albán and Mitla and the UNESCO world heritage city of Oaxaca, foodies will seduce their palates at Oaxaca´s XVII century local market and at the sophisticated Oaxacan fusion cuisine restaurants. We'll immerse ourselves into the Sierra Norte, one of the most biologically diverse regions in Central Mexico, whose local inhabitants have managed to develop one of the most sustainable community led ecotourism projects in the world. Our Zapotec guides will turn our hike, bike or horseback ride into a unique opportunity to share ancient knowledge of nature and traditional way of life.
- Visit the ruins of Monte Albán, believed to be Mesoamerica's oldest city, and Mitla, with its unique stone framework.
- Visit a family of weavers to watch how prized Oaxacan rugs are woven, learn how to spin wool, and see how organic dyes and silk are produced.
- Hike in the Sierra Norte, an ecotourism project rated #1 in the world by Conde Nast Traveler.
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners
- Full Accommodation (twin shared): 3 hotel
nights, 1 adventure lodge night
- Proper Equipment
- All activities on itinerary
- Internal Land Transportation
- Airport Transfers
Pricing Per Person
3$ 1,950 USD
4 to 6$ 1,600 USD
7 to 9$ 1,300 USD
More than 9$ 1,150 USD