REAL DE 14
A Time Travel Adventure
Nestled in the highlands above the deserts of the central state of San Luis Potosi, Real de Catorce is a Magical Town settled by Spanish conquistadores in 1774 as a mining town. Towards 1863, Real de Catorce´s silver coin mint house became the most important in the country, before being shut around 1865. Just a few miles away, you will find the Cerro del Quemado, which is the Huichol Indians' most sacred site, and where yearly pilgrimages from around the country converge. Most intriguingly, towards the early 1900´s all except the most die-hard locals abandoned Real de Catorce.
Today, the hand-chiseled 1.5 mile Ogarrio tunnel leading into Real de Catorce is more a time-machine, than an access road. When you emerge on the other side, the magic of the village takes you back to another era.
- Trek to Cerro del Quemado and partake in the mystical Huichol cleansing ceremony.
- Mountain bike or ride in a 1960´s Willy´s 5000 vertical feet down an epic cliff-side trail to the ruins of a remote 19th century hacienda.
- Walk around town with local experts who will enchant you with legends of magic, politics and history.
- Choose to embark on a photographic expedition with our photographic experts, and travel back in time through your camera´s lens.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of San Luis Potosi´s down-town, and enjoy some of the culinary delights which have positioned San Luis Potosi as one of the gastronomic capitals of the world
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners
- Full Accommodation (twin shared): 4 hotel
- Proper Equipment
- All activities on itinerary
- Internal Land Transportation
- Airport Transfers
Pricing Per Person
2$ 1,750 USD
3 to 6$ $1,650 USD
7 to 9$ $1,550 USD
More than 9$ $1,550 USD